Friday, February 3, 2012

excuse me.

in response to the komen controversy-


"Komen says they stopped funding because of the investigation. I personally don't care about their reasons. I stopped supporting Komen years ago when I found out they were funding Planned Parenthood at all. I agree that 3% is not a very large percentage, but it is 3% more than I am personally comfortable supporting" - unidentified male facebook friend.


i would be a lot more comfortable with this (i.e. men having opinions about abortion- which actually, this komen thing has NOTHING to do with abortion at all, but it has somehow turned into that) if 1) they thought about how they would feel and be affected financially if they lost over 1 million dollars throughout their lifetime due to unequal pay on average because of their sex. and who takes care of the children? 2) did over 2/3 of the world's work but only got paid for less than a third and 3) had to live with knowing that 1 in 4 of them would be sexually and/or physically abused. (same stat goes with their children, btw). maybe then we can talk about whether or not we would want to bring in yet another baby boy or girl into this effed up world.


until you can show me you care about those issues that are extremely influential to whether a woman decides to have a baby or not, then we can talk.



thanks and gig'em.




happy happy friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment